Sign up for the Full STEAM Ahead e-newsletter!
Thank you for participating in the 2015 KERA Summer Learning Challenge (June 15 – August 15). Please contact Denita Malvern at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your completed checklist, photos and documentation.
Summer Learning Challenge
c/o Denita Malvern
3000 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, Texas 75201
– Graph Books Reading Chart (Ages 8–12) [.docx]
– Book Worm Reading Chart (Ages 0–7) [.docx]
– Summer Reading List (Age 0-2) [.pdf]
– Summer Reading List (Age 3-5) [.pdf]
– Summer Reading List (Age 6-7) [.pdf]
– Summer Reading List (Age 8-10) [.pdf]
– Summer Reading List (Age 11-13) [.pdf]
Complete the KERA & PBS Summer Reading List
Earn points for summer activities and earn cool KERA & PBS giveaways
Dinosaur Train Activities – June 2015
– Have a Brachiosaurus Picnic: Help your child prepare a vegetarian (herbivore) picnic. Click on the link for instructions.
– Dinosaurs A to Z: practice the letters of the alphabet while learning about the diversity of dinosaurs. Click on the link for instructions. (Supplies needed: 26 index cards or sheets of paper, thick marker, crayons)
– Make a Stegosaurus Puppet: Help your child understand some possible purposes of dinosaur spikes and tails. Click on the link for instructions. (Supplies needed: paper bag for each child, straws, child-safe scissors, glue, tape, yellow construction paper, paper plate, crayons and colored markers)
Wild Kratts – July 2015
Wild Kratts Wildlife Journal – download the Wild Kratts Wildlife Journal sheet and follow the instructions to create your own wildlife journal. This is a great way to build observation and writing skills.
Wild Kratts Passport-Watch two new episodes of Wild Kratts every Wednesday at 5:00 & 5:30pm. Print a copy of the Wild Kratts passport and fill in your name, your favorite animal and creature power. You can even draw a picture of yourself for the passport.
Curious George-August 2015
Complete one Curious George activity in the month of August and earn 5 points.
Movie Marathon, August 17
Curious George: Follow That Monkey and Curious George 3: Back to the Jungle
It’s a back-to-back movie marathon starring everyone’s favorite monkey! The 2009 hit movie Curious George: Follow That Monkey is followed by the world television premiere of Curious George 3 :Back to the Jungle in which George blasts off into space but accidentally lands in Africa!
Complete these fun Curious George activities leading up to the movie marathon on Monday, August 17.
Curious George is the only one who can restock the International Space Station with supplies, which means he’s going up to space in a rocket! Watch a video of Curious George in space and draw a picture of rocket. Post a photo of you and your rocket on social media using the hashtag #KERASTEAM.
This interactive game is a great way to assist your little ones with their early math skills and counting. Help George and Jumpy grab the right apples to fill the gaps in the apple number line.
What time is it? In this hands-on activity, you and George can help your child learn to tell time by using the time cards included with this activity.