Family-style dining means that you and your family sit down together at your table for a meal.
Why family-style dining?
Children who eat most of their meals with their families:
- Do better in school
- Learn social skills, such as talking to others and sharing
- Learn problem-solving
- Are closer to their families
- Are less affected by negative peer inﬂuence
- Learn good manners by watching and listening to family members
- Are less likely to use drugs and alcohol
- Eat healthier
- Tend to have lower levels of stress
- Develop self-help skills
- Gain independence and confidence
Family-style dining is a time for families to be together, to talk, laugh and share.